Your Support Helps NPLSF Fund Special Projects in Your Parks
When you make a tax deductible donation to NPLSF, you support projects & programs that help preserve the parks, educate visitors, and enhance visitors' national park experience. The projects and programs NPLSF funds are beyond the National Park Service budget for park operations, and simply wouldn't happen without our generous donors.
Projects have ranged from big to small - a $1.5M ballastic water research to control invastive species to printing "junior passport" booklets.
Your donation to NPLSF will help ensure your parks can provide the national park experience all visitors expect and deserve. NPLSF is thankful to all of our donors – your generous support makes these park projects & programs possible!
Examples of Special Projects Your NPLSF Funds Support
Apostle Islands National Lakeshore
- Bear-resistant food storage lockers for camping areas
- Materials for volunteer restoration & repair projects on park trails
- Climate change interpretive exhibits
- Solar powered vent fans and lights for vault toilets
Grand Portage National Monument
- Historic clothing for Grand Portage Ojibwe youth mentorship program
- Summer Park newsletter
- Graphic design software, interpretive development & Grand Portage Trail brochures
- Fund summer internship with the Division of Interpretation Read More...
Isle Royale National Park
- New Junior Ranger program booklets for children & park lighthouse brochures
- Historic Wendigo Wagon preservation project
- Trails Helicopter materials drop. See Videos
- Ballast water treatment projects to stop the spread of aquatic invasive species Read More...
Keweenaw National Historical Park
- Keweenaw specific passport stamp brochures for all 22 Heritage Sites
- Historian’s symposiums & archive interns
- Italian Hall Site interpretive development
- Heritage Site sign program
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
- Restoration and refurnishing of the 1874 Au Sable Light Station
- Tools and materials for Adopt-a-Trail volunteer restoration & repair projects
- Restore historic landscapes & disease resistant Beech tree propagation
- New Junior Ranger booklets & school study trips for children